[AT] Good Ford/good VW/Bad backhoe day

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 13:31:31 PDT 2007

    Well I got the Ford 4000 home. It runs great, all
the gages work and Pop even drove it around. He likes
it!!!! I think its a later model but I'll have to get
some #'s off it to make sure.
    Pop and I had a Jetta TDI we needed to put back
together, it runs but needs more power. It'll go to
the pro, Horst Fisher for some fine tuning. It runs
anyways.
    Now my 580 Backhoe is a different story. The axle
dropped on the left side. I'm not sure how to describe
it but the king pin is sticking up about 4 inches
above the axle. I'm not certain if a spacer on the
bottom is missing or what. I've been trying to look at
the book and see would be on the bottom side of but I
can't tell by the picture. This week I'll take it
apart. I'll be able to tell more then. I hope! I'll
replece the front end components on both sides.
Whatever looks worn any way. The old backhoe's been to
useful too allow sitting broken for to long.

Danny Tabor