[AT] OT NuGrape, Beeman's Pepsin Gum etc (Country Store)

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jun 1 15:13:30 PDT 2007

I really liked that grape soda.  When I worked at the MF dealer as a
kid, I spent most of  my wages  ($1.00/hr) drinking the stuff.   One
afternoon in July it was so hot and I was mowing the tractor lot with a
B7 Allis with a 36 in mower deck.  I had to start all the tractors and
move them then mow and them move them back.  Learned how to jump start
real good at 12.  I was so thirsty I drank 3 grape sodas  one after
another.  I didn't feel well in about 15 minutes.  Still had to mow the
lot and move the tractors too.  Didn't have one for another year or
so...

Since I retired I have been trying to repair what Dad has torn up for
the past 5 years.  He is getting ahead of me still even though I am
working full time at repair.  Got the 6000 Ford running the post driver
then it started raining and we can't finish the fence we started in
March  it is too wet when we have time to work on it.  I pulled the JD
400  backhoe in and put new 2/0 cables and a new 900 amp battery in it,
one with threaded posts instead of lead terminals.  It now starts
without ether.  I also got the leak stopped in the hydraulics reserve
tank, but the oil pan started leaking!!!  I started working on the power
steering on the 930 case yesterday and made a trip into town to get hyd.
fittings this morning when I had to go to the chiropractor.  I got
approval for some chiropractic work from my insurance and the Dr. has
got me standing straight and actually feeling like doing something.  I
had 2 discs bulged...  I had to convert the pwr strng fittings from
inverted flare and found an old military hose that had the inverted
flare reusable ends.  However the brass pipe thd to inv flare fitting
stripped and I have to find another one.

If it ever stops raining, I have about 40 acres of prairie hay and 140
acres of bermuda to cut and bale.  Luckily I got the triticale cut and
baled when we had 2 days without rain.  The only dry weather we had I
went to Omaha to get an old clipper seed cleaner to  clean wheat for for
sale.  Looks like the wheat crop won't be good enough to  sale, the
grains are shrunk from the late freeze and the rust is about to get it
now.....

I still got a wheat truck to change the cab on and another cab and power
steering to install on a ford roll back truck before I can work on the
old Military 4wd forklift I bought...

Ahhh retirement!!  If the retirement check was better I would hire
someone to do this and go find a job....

Cecil in OKla