[AT] Wood Chipper.

Bruce Fallon bfallon at whidbey.com
Fri Jun 1 07:46:41 PDT 2007

Danny I bought a WC8 from http://www.betstco.com/ I was searching around for
the best price and found them.  Unfortunately on this website they do not
show the splitter. You can see this unit on Ebay from Betstco.  I talked
with Jason down there. The WC8 was $1469 and I ordered a spare set of blades
and anvil which was $145. and shipping to a commercial address was $280. I
have used it only a couple of hours so far. If you get one check the setup
before you use it.  On mine the PTO shaft was not setup parallel to the main
shaft and threw a belt and allowed 2 others to jump forward on the pulley.
Mine is connected to my Allis Chalmers CA.  I have constructed my own 3
point on the Allis.  This unit weighs about 900 pounds.  I have put a couple
of trees through it for fun that were actually firewood.

The Feed drive may be the part that will need some tweaking. They use a gear
reduction box driven by a belt from the main rotor. The output from the
reduction box is a square drive and they use a drive shaft to connect to the
feed roller again with a square drive. The drive shaft had a spring to keep
tension on ends and keep them on the square drives they were not pinned or
locked to the square shafts. There was zerk fitting in the middle to grease
the sliding portion of the shaft and the zerk would catch the spring and
release tension and the shaft would fall off and drop to the ground.  I have
drilled and tapped the u joints to lock them to the square shafts but may
end up welding them as the fit on the square drives are not tight even with
Allen setscrews. I also think the gear reduction box should have been
lowered a couple of inches as it is at one extreme end of the travel in the
idle position which is not ideal.

So far I have been happy with mine and I have a lot more clearing to do.  If
I just didn't have to go to work I would have a lot more time to do things
around here.

Bruce Fallon
Freeland WA. 98249
bfallon at whidbey.com