[Farmall] 3 point hitch kits for Farmall H

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jul 18 05:39:08 PDT 2007

I have to say that I have the Worksaver hitch on my Super M, and the
Saginaw hitch is not only better for a similar price, but comes with two
cylinders, while the Worksaver comes with none (and only can be fitted
one). The Worksaver hitch does work OK, and I have no complaints; it is
just that the Saginaw is better. So if you can get Paul's for half the
price of new, I would say it is a Good Deal.

Unless things have changed, you cannot retain the IH swinging drawbar
when installing the Worksaver hitch, so keep that in mind. And if you
have only the old "belly pump" Lift-All hydraulics on the H, you will
find the performance of the hitch quite disappointing - it doesn't have
much power, it only operates when the clutch is engaged, and it is
pretty much "all the way up" or "all the way down"; position control is
limited. If you can get a hydraulic pump from a Super H and rig up
separate valves, you will be a lot better off. See
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/smhydro2a.html>

Mike