[Farmall] Some ads from the 7/28 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Jul 29 06:12:07 PDT 2007

E. John Puckett wrote:

> Mike Sloane wrote:
>

>>For Sale:
>>
>>Wrecker/tow truck, Ford F350, Heavy Duty, ex. cond. (19,000 miles),
>>factory built, located Honesdale, $2,500. Mont. Co. (610) 940-2668
>>

> that seems like an awfully cheap price.
I figured that it must have been either a misprint on the price
($25,000) or a VERY old truck with 190,000 miles on it.

>>For Sale 67 Farmall Cub 5' finish mower, onboard AC generator, recent
>>restoration $2600. Cumberland Co. 717-580-3895.
>>

> I'd like to see how he did that.
It could be that it was simply converted to 12 volts with an alternator
- I have done that on a couple of my Cubs, and it isn't all that big a
deal. I cannot imagine getting much in the way of useful electric power
out of a 10 hp C-60 engine, but I guess it would be enough to run a few
lights in an emergency or power an electric chain saw.

Mike