[AT] mice & coons --beavers

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 19:48:09 PDT 2007

In a message dated 7/24/2007 12:04:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

[AT] mice & coons

we had a very similar situation..   beavers and a very lazy logger (he built
a  crossing out of tree branches and limbs)   made   the  2 farms   back up
stream  really wet...  and got  my cousin  a  100,000 fine  for diggin out the
trash --- even with a  DNR- CorpofENgineers permit...     seams  the    agent
didnt like the job my cousin did  so  he  decided   what the fine would be
ALL BY HIMSELF..  I guess  these guys have that much power.

we have fought beavers  for  over 20yrs now.    I've dug out   dams that were
over 6ft tall  -- the backhoe  when done right  makes them move on --- they
always find a "better" place   but  at least they do have to move on.