[AT] O.T. -- Tires; Turf VS Lug

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Tue Jul 24 20:02:55 PDT 2007

Herb,  I had that exact conversation with a friend of mine just a week or
so.  He farmed all his life but sold out last year and went to work for a
turf farm.  Some of the turf farm tractors have very wide turf tires.  He
says they don't have any traction on wet ground or slopes.  He says run the
regular ag tires.  From what he says and from my own experience the ag tires
won't tear the turf up unless you get overly aggressive on the turns and use
the brakes too much.

If your friend intends to run at all when it's wet on that GA clay he's
gonna need the ag tires and probably some fluid in them too.

Charlie