[AT] Varmints and farming

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Tue Jul 24 17:51:39 PDT 2007

Bob that's exactly what I always believed was about to happen to me.  The
slope was steep enough that I had to bend forward to walk up it to the point
that I could reach straight out in front of me and touch the ground.  The
holly tree was growing out of the side of the hill so that it's low limbs
were just above the level ground at the top of the slope.

My hair is gray now but at the time it was dark brown and long and I had a
full beard.   I figure my clothes were somewhat blending in with the
hillside and he thought I was a nice juicy critter climbing the hill.  He
swooped in from the opening above the creek and came up behind me.  Luckily
for me he realized his mistake before I wound up like the forester.

It never occured to me before now that he could have killed me.  I'm sure
glad I didn't know it then.  It shook me up bad enough as it was.

Charlie