[AT] Old weathered used-looking tractors

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jul 24 15:50:41 PDT 2007

If I acquire a tractor that looks pretty grim, I will clean it up and
slap a coat of paint on it, but I don't get to excited about runs or
blemishes - mainly it is to protect the metal from the weather. I once
bought a Farmall Cub from a guy who had painted it with Ford gray (he
said that was what he had on hand when it was time to paint!). I quickly
painted it red. Oddly enough, I also bought a Ford 2N from him later,
and he claimed that it was painted Farmall red (although, when I dragged
it home, the color was "rust"). I am also storing a 1952 Farmall Cub
that he painted yellow and white. If I ever come to own that tractor, it
too will get painted red.

Mike