[AT] Old weathered used-looking tractors

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Tue Jul 24 15:12:52 PDT 2007

Now and then I think about repainting my Farmall M, once I get done with
tinkering on its various mechanical problems.  But the closer I get, the
less I like the idea of painting it.

I *like* being able to lay a wrench on the hood and not worry about
scratching anything.  And I like the sense of history implied by the various
dings and scuffs and the various colors and patches of faded, farmer-applied
paint.  It's not as personal as if it had been the same tractor I grew up
with, but still, I'm getting pretty fond of it as is.

Not sure where I'm going with this post other than to wonder out loud about
it.  Anybody else wrestle with this decision?

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net