[AT] Old vs. New (about TRACTORS!)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Mon Jul 23 14:26:24 PDT 2007

John, down this way the deer have taken to eating tobacco.  The farmers were
having to plant a band of soy beans and other goodies about 50 feet wide
around the tobacco fields to hold them at bay. Of course there's a lot less
tobacco in the last few years than before so I guess that problem is taking
care of it's self.

Last week a friend of mine's boyfriend was riding her horse when a bear
attacked the horse.  The rider was thrown and dislocated his shoulder.  The
horse was injured and ran off.  In the next few hours while they were
looking for the horse they encountered 6 bear within an area of a couple of
hundred acres of crop  land and cut over timber land.  They weren't sure if
it was six different bear or if they were seeing some of them more than
once.

Charlie