[AT] Old vs. New (about TRACTORS!) Now varmints

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 15:22:19 PDT 2007

As a kid, I raked hay most of the summer on Dad's IH H.  Most years I would hit a ground hog hole or two with the front wheels.  The first time I drove that tractor, Dad said to not put my thumbs inside the wheel, if you hit a hole, you would break your thumb.  He hit a hole once and lost his grip on the wheel, when  he reached back for it, his hand went inside and he broke it opposite his thumb.  The same tractor broke his nose once trying to crank it.

I don't think they like fescue as well as they did clover and lespedsa, so that may be why we see fewer of them in the fields now.

Len