[AT] : late model Deere tractor fire--fence and mower

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Jul 22 21:25:13 PDT 2007

I know that feeling well, John.  I did that same sort of thing with the
Kubota this spring.  My problem was that I saw what was happening and
stopped the mower -- but not soon enough.   The wire was still attached to
the rest of the fence posts for the full length of the property, but I
couldn't move the tractor.  I was caught out on the back of the property
with barbed wire wrapped tightly around the spindle and no way of cutting
it.  As I gradually worked it loose enough to start bending it back and
forth, I kept kicking myself the whole time for "buying the good stuff" that
wouldn't break easily and for working away from the shop without any tools.

Larry