[AT] Old vs. New (about TRACTORS!)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 22 16:29:39 PDT 2007

John, the coons don't bother the crops at all here but the damage they do to
buildings is what gets me. I have several older buildings with cedar
shingles that although very old were still keeping the rain out and
sheltering whatever junk I had stored inside. Coons seem to love tearing up
these shingles and then through the boards underneath to eventually take up
residence and raise a family. This past spring a couple of them raided my
chicken barn several nights and killed several chickens before I realized
what was going on. They had crawled in through the cat door and just helped
themselves. I had to set up half the night on  a stake out to persuade them
this was dangerous to their health. No confirmed kills but they never did
come back.

Ralph in Sask.