[AT] Hottest tractor

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Fri Jul 20 15:39:23 PDT 2007

Nothing at all like harvesting tobacco in a blinding rainstorm <g>.
I have to admit I don't miss those days at all.
Got my tractor driving start in a tobacco field, on an Allis B at 7 yo.
Couldn't get the hang of the B's clutch so the "field tractor" and the
"travel to the barn tractor" (an Allis D-14) were switched.  I handled
the clutch better but I couldn't reach the clutch and brakes at the same
time so the routine was depress the clutch, shift to neutral then switch
to the brake.  I didn't hit anyone or any tobacco plants - I dared not!
David
NW NC