[Farmall] 3 point hitch kits for Farmall H

Lisa Kelley pippi-longstocking- at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 07:44:48 PDT 2007

Hi all-

I'm new so my questions probably been asked before but I couldn't get
functional w/ the archive search ;-)

I have a 1943 Farmall H that I want to add a 3 point hitch to so I can do
some mowing/bushhogging, (and maybe eventually add a post hole digger) I
have read some very good reviews/recomendations for a 3pth kit from Saginaw
County Tractors----but before I go an order one wanted more feedback. I know
some folks fabricate their own 3pth? My neighbor and boyfriend are
experienced welders/mechanics/ jury rig it together types ;-)  but so far
have not been able to find enough info/ specs to feel safe about fabricating
our own.... we want whatever hitch we put on to be  safe to draw from with
the Model H obviously!

Thoughts? Advice? Much apreciated!

Thanks,
Pippi Longstocking in Maine

"Horse Sense is a thing horses have that keeps them from betting on people"
~ W.C. Fields