[AT] Voyage of the boxes.

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Tue Jul 10 06:05:16 PDT 2007

In 1998 I was a really shiny newbie here, but I do remember seeing pictures of
Mike sloane and two others with what must've been the "Eastern" box. I didn't
get to Portland until '99, so I missed the handoff to Spencer. The entire box
idea was a great one, and I would bet that those manuals and other memorabilia
have a special place in Spencer's collection.
When the discussion about Portland started up in '99 I just knew I had to be
there. I managed to make it in '99 and '00, missed '01 but made it again in
'02. Maybe again next year. It is indeed a fun time.

Phil