[AT] Fire Damged tractors

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jul 9 18:25:16 PDT 2007

I have restored forklifts that were in a fire.  Everything low that has
gear oil in it is usually OK.  If the aluminum isn't melted, It did not
get too hot.  If the radiator does not have the solder melted out of it,
It is usually salvageable. The sheet metal will be really soft after the
fire.  There were a lot of tractors on dealers lots in the 70's that had
been in a fire when I worked in a tractor dealership.

Cecil in OKla