[AT] Adding remote hydraulics on a MF 235

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Mon Jul 9 11:44:43 PDT 2007

All,

 My father in law has a MF 235 and he wants to add a remote valve to it.
It currently just has three point hitch.  I have seen some of these
small MF's over the years with this conversion on it, but never paid a
lot of attention as to where the hoses connect and so forth.  (Isn't
there an adaptor plate that attaches to the tractor rear end/hydraulic
system that the hoses plumb into?)  Anyway, can anyone who's been there
& done that walk me through what parts we need (part numbers would be
great) and anything special we need to know about in order to make the
conversion?

He has bough himself a snazzy sickle bar mower that requires a remote
valve to raise/lower the bar.  IT is supposed to mow down to a 70* angle
down, to 90* up!

Thanks,
Al