[AT] OT: Ground Temps

Jerry Rhodes jerry38 at alltel.net
Sun Jul 8 04:53:41 PDT 2007

OK here is a little fuel for the fire...Sat morning about 8am I stoped at a
job site about a mile north of me, they are digging for a new nursing home
here in Paulding OH.

I took my temp probe (Micronta 22-1000T) along an here are some reading...I
know the guy doing the dig, he let me play in the dirt, and though I was
nuts too...

Air temp 71.2
Surface grd temp 64.4 (at 730.1 ft above sea level)
At 6 ft temp 56.4
At 8 ft temp 56.1
At 14 ft temp 56.1

the ground had been open less than 20 mins, good old clay, smells nice,
after about 2 hrs the temps at 6,8,14 were up to 60.4 to 61.6 and air temp
was 74.2..
just the facts folks..

Jerry NW Ohio