[Steam-engine] Steam roller

Francis Orr steam.boat at verizon.net
Sat Jul 7 21:44:44 PDT 2007

For the past 25 years, Richard Rorvig stored my 10 ton Buffalo-Springfield tandem roller always meaning to repair the boiler and get it through inspection. In the interim, I rebuilt the two cylinder horizontal engine. At one time, the power steering engine had been damaged by freezing. A couple of years ago, a friend of Richard's donated another steering engine. These are quite unique with two oscillating cylinders inside of a casing. After Richard's memorial service at Rollag, I went to his farm to see about  getting all my things together that were scattered around there. We found everything except for the roller main engine and the two steering engines. Does anyone out there have any idea of where they might be? In addition, does anyone know of an other engine as I have found a man who can do the boiler work for me and I would dearly love to see that roller going again? There has got to be an engine out there somewhere.

Francis A. Orr
steam.boat at verizon.net