[Farmall] Finding the Original IHC Tractor Gray

Mike Schmudlach mschmudlach at charter.net
Sat Jul 7 17:11:53 PDT 2007

I think this is the guy who tried to scam the archives a few times.
Why would any one think that 60 year old paint would still be the correct
color?
Go to your local hardware store or even your basement and check out a 3 year
old can of paint.
Is it a little seperated etc.....
I have some NOS IH truck paint  that is only 40 years old and I tried to use
it to get a color match.
Never could get it to mix up very well.  Check out how IH filled the paint
cans and tell me the color at the top of the barrel matched the paint in the
bottom of the barrel.
http://wisconsinhistory.org/whi/fullRecord.asp?id=8900&qstring=http%3A%2F%2Fwisconsinhistory%2Eorg%2Fwhi%2Fresults%2Easp%3Fsearch%5Ftype%3Dbasic%26keyword1%3DTruck%2Bpaint
  Also remember IH always used a few sources for everything and bought paint
in 55 gallon drums.  I have 3 originals trucks that are all painted Whitecap
White and non of them are the same color. LOL
My 3 cents worth,
Mike