[AJD] JD Industrial Yellow Paint

John Boehm rustyacres at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 15:26:03 PDT 2007

I am starting the restoration of my John Deere BI. It
was originally painted the standard industrial yellow
that Deere used on these tractors. I like using John
Deere paint for my other restorations. I am trying to
find if any of the current John Deere yellows are
correct.  TY57 is apparently the old number for this
color but it is no longer a valid number.  Since I
live in California, my dealer can only get the low VOC
paints.

Checking the available low VOC paints on Deere parts
online, the only yellow listed besides the Ag yellows
is part # TY25832 "Old construction yellow" . Does
anyone know if this is the correct color?  My dealer
does not have it in stock and I hate to spend $99 on a
gallon to find it may not be the right color! Or if
this is not the correct color, is it possible to get
it elsewhere in a regular, higher VOC formulation. I
have been known to get JD paint in other states in the
past, when they could not be obtained here!

Thanks for any and all help,

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com