[AT] Brake band material

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jul 7 04:13:14 PDT 2007

It probably would, providing one  knew exactly where to drill the hole. In
my case, I had to make new bands, they are about 18-24 inches in dia. I
roughly laid them out with the same number of holes/pattern as the original
and then drilled them with a hand drill. Then I clamped the lining in place
( must have used 15 or more clamps!) and drilled it. One other note about my
situation is that the rivets I was using were solid copper T-head. I had to
have them to achieve the proper look on the outside of the band--everythings
is exposed adn you never know when the correct police will come by. I'm
thinking brake band/clutch rivets may have a taper on the stem side of the
head, therefore requiring a tool to match.

I had to put a clutch in my 12-20  Case about 8 years ago. I seem to
remember just countersinking those holes. Definetly a simple tractor to
change the clutch in! I think there was only 4 bolts and 1 pin to remove to
get the clutch out.

John