[AT] OT: Gas story - now thermo

Rick Weaver Rick_Weaver at hilton.com
Fri Jul 6 09:47:43 PDT 2007

I'm not sure I'm getting this.  Don't most "air conditioning" (meaning
heating or cooling systems) heat or cool the interior air of the living
spaces, without exchanging much or any air with the outside environment?

Paul, was the guy heating or cooling the outside air to send inside his
house?  If so, where was he venting the already heated or cooled
interior air to?

If this is the case, he could just use the 58 degree air directly for
cooling, and for heating he was using more energy to heat the 58 degree
air over just reheating the indoor air which was probably 10 or so
degrees warmer.

Maybe I'm not understanding what is being talked about...

Rick