[AT] Brake band material

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 5 18:43:13 PDT 2007

 By straight I meant I put absolutely no relief on the cutting edge. It
would never cut metal but works OK in the brake band material. My intention
was to keep the tool from grabbing and sucking into the workpiece.  One
other note, I undercut the pilot with the cutoff wheel--kind of hard to get
a cutting edge all the way up to the pilot otherwise. If you can use
countersunk rivets, I'd go that route.  Even if they are an odd angle you
don't have a countersink for you could sharpen a drill to the correct angle.
Picking up a drilled hole without a pilot may get to be a pain.

John