[AJD] 1936 AR oil line question.

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 23:15:20 PDT 2007

Howdy all,

     Happy 4th of July!   My wife is away on AT with
the Navy,  and I took the dog to the trainer's to keep
her away from the fireworks,  so here I am,  with my
two scared cats doing a little research on my 1936 AR
project.

     I was installing the block back on the tractor
today,  and I noticed that I may have an oil pipe
missing.  If you are sitting in the seat of the
tractor it sticks out of the front of the oil filter
housing,  if it were a little later,  it would be the
pressure feed line to the rocker arm assembly,  but
this tractor does not have that (s/n 253149),  and
there is no place for the line to bolt up to the
block nor is there an oil passage through the block.
So,  should this one be left open and just dump back
into the crankcase oil?  I looked around inside the
crankcase and can not find another place for a line to
hook up.  However,  there is a fitting connected up to
that port,  just no line in it..

    It has been long enough that I don't remember what
it was like when I took it apart.  I can not find the
other half of what would be the missing oil line in
the parts taken off the tractor..  According to the
parts book the presure feed line to the rocker arms
didn't start until 260,000 or so..

    Anyone have an idea?  I am perplexed..

              Chris