[AT] OT: Gas story

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jul 4 03:41:02 PDT 2007

The other thing (in addition to what George correctly wrote) I was
taught at my Ma Bell "Defensive Driving" course was to try to "go with
the flow" in heavy traffic - avoid going either faster or slower than
the bulk of the vehicles. That isn't too hard when driving a passenger
car, but I have all too often been "part of the problem" when pulling a
trailer with an antique tractor behind my old diesel dump truck,
especially up long hills or against head winds. I have had more than my
share of birds flipped at me on two lane state highways. See
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/case_430_ck/case_430_ck_coming.html>
and
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_340/340_arriving_home.html>
for just a couple of examples.