[AT] Bolt Grades

D8RMAN at aol.com D8RMAN at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 19:39:27 PDT 2007

I agree that you should get them from a reputable source. I like bolts from
my Caterpillar dealer because a Caterpillar grade 8 bolt exceeds the sae
standards for a grade 8 bolt. You can't find better hardware anywhere in my  book.
Some of the hardware specialty stores are also a good place to get quality
hardware that meet sae standards. After seeing a few bad examples of what low
quality hardware has done to damage equipment I refuse to use a lesser
standard  than called for by the OEM. Willard Smith, Tacoma, WA.

[AT]  Bolt Grades

MAKE SURE   where you get the bolts   is  reputable...    one local  farm
supply   company (most of you would know it if I spelled its    ROYAL name
out)
got   bolts   labled  grade  5    but  when put to the test   the    grade 2
bolts from  an old   supply   we  got from Curtis Indstry's     was  harder.