[AT] Bolt Grades

jahaze at aol.com jahaze at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 08:31:11 PDT 2007

I've been on the search for some grade 8 carriage bolts to re-install my gooseneck hitch in my pickup.? After much searching, I stopped by a hitch installer and he gave me four bolts that he was "pretty sure" were grade 8, but he left some doubt in my mind.? So I thought I'd ask the list is anyone can interpret the stamping on the bolt head.? It says "UH" and nothing else.? I thought all grade 8 bolts were supposed to be yellow?? I figured I should use the best bolts I can find since they are really the only thing holding the trailer to the truck.

Enjoy, Joe