[AT] Some ads from the 1/20 Lancaster Farming

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat Jan 20 18:14:44 PST 2007

Mike Sloane wrote:

> Railroad sleeper car with cab, turntable, 16 hp gasoline engine with
> starter. Can accommodate four people. 570-286-6060, after 7 p.m.
> Northumberland Co. [Any guesses as to what this guy is selling?]

I would bet it is a Speeder car with enclosed cab. 4 place with a 16
horse engine. The turntable is used to put it on the tracks. You drive
the speeder onto the tracks. Lower the turntable jack, rotate the car so
the wheels are on the rails and drop it back down.

http://www.grissom.afrc.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123022907
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speeder