[AT] Off Topic The Farmer and the Old Lady

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 14:39:05 PST 2007

>From: "Irma" <bellville1 at earthlink.net>
>Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:43:23 -0600
>
>The Farmer and the Old Lady
>

>On the way home he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a
>gallon of paint. He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple
>of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the store he now had a
>problem -- how to carry all of his purchases home.
The first part of this reminds me of days as a teen age high schooler.  I
worked on a dairy farm.  One of the owners (an old man of about 26 years)
liked to show his strength.  He would say, "look at this Chuck" as he
trucked down an 80 stanchion barn with
two 60 lb. bales of hay in each hand and a 50 lb. bag of calf grain on each
shoulder.  He was a man about 5" 8" with average build, so a 220 # load was
a lot, or at least I was impressed.

Charlie in WNY.