[Ford-ferguson] 601 running bad

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 29 10:42:09 PST 2007

There is no such thing as an 'OEM' ballast resistor on a 601.  They were
either 6v with a 6v coil from the factory.. or 12v/diesel. and no coil.

You may be thinking about the 9n/2n and the early 8n, that used a square
front mount coil and distribuitor, that did use a ballast resistor.  OEM
resistors work fine in their correct apps.. just have to do periodic
maintenance and keep the electrical connection clean, and ignition
components adjusted correctly and clean.

Soundguy