[AT] Farmer's sig line

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Jan 26 15:19:31 PST 2007

	That sig line was generated as part of my ongoing drive to annoy the
various woodworkers on several woodworking lists that think that they must
spend an hour on each little setup lining everything up with a micrometer...
I speak often of how I consider a hatchet to be a precision woodworking
tool.   ;-)    ;-)    I have no problem with them working that way but
several feel the need to tell all of the new guys that they are stupid if
they don't do the same things and some even like to make statements that
imply that guys who don't shouldn't be allowed to do woodworking. The thing
is I know the truth... While many guys like to go to the shop and do
something, these guys are so anal that they are in the shop because their
wives can't stand having them in the house.   ;-)    She sends them out
there to waste time, not to accomplish anything. I don't know for sure
whether or not I am actually annoying any of them but I like to think so...
;-)   ;-)   I like to keep telling the new woodworkers that it is supposed
to be fun and just relax and do as they please. The only rules are do not
bleed on the tools or the wood.
	Again I know the truth and the truth shall set you free. The big truth is
that tools don't matter. Lumber doesn't matter. Projects do not matter. The
only thing that matters is the making of sawdust.    ;-)
	Its kind of like how with old tractors, getting dirty and talking tractors
is all that really matters. That and a big campfire...   :)

--
"farmer"
Proud owner of several cordless hatchets and a large collection of

"Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net