[AT] Briggs filter substitute.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Jan 25 08:38:16 PST 2007

I mostly agree with Jeff on OEM vs. Wix/NAPA vs. Fram.

Also remember that just because the threads on the housing and the base
diameter seem to match, that doesn't mean that the filter is identical -
internal bypass valves and other internal design parameters vary by
engine manufacturer, but they might use a common filter base to save cost.

This is true for ANY tractor, car, truck, or engine.

(I used to have Fram for a customer and found out that they made three
grades of the same filter: OEM was the best, regular auto parts store
was next, and the real junk was sent to the discount stores, even though
they all looked the same from the outside and even carried the same part
number. "You pays your money and you takes your choice.")

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

I believe I found the missing link between animal and civilized man.
It is us. -Konrad Lorenz, ethologist, Nobel laureate (1903-1989)