[AT] My JD 2010

John Grant jfgrant at zoomon.net
Wed Jan 24 09:02:35 PST 2007

Hi Dave. Nice to see some tractor questions for a change! It's been my
experience that yes it's a good procedure to follow after replacing the
rings to work an engine to "set the rings". Just be careful to not
"overwork" them. Just like they told us in days of old, with a new car.
"work - rest - work - rest etc. Work the tractor, let it idle for a bit then
back to work. I would vary the rpm's also so that the rings are settled at
different rpm's. Don't ask me why - I just know that it works. At least it
did for me.  Good Luck.  jg