[AT] Fw: Ih 504 2nd try??

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jan 24 07:58:27 PST 2007

I would say that you are pretty much the limits of a 1700 or 2000 series
IH loader, but you might be having some problems due to a worn pump. You
probably need to follow the service manual procedures for checking the
hydraulic pressure on the system. If you are getting full pressure out
of the pump, then you need to look to worn valves that are letting fluid
bypass from the pressure line to the return (does it "hiss" when you try
to lift?). You could also have a weak pressure relief valve, but you
need to be careful when messing around with that - it is there for a reason!

Mike