[AT] IE 7.0

Rick Weaver Rick_Weaver at hilton.com
Wed Jan 24 06:29:28 PST 2007

All,

I've loaded IE7 both at work over Windows XP on my dell laptop, and at
home over Windows XP (on a self-built P3 933MHz), both over IE6 (which
is in XP).

No problems whatsoever.

I can't speculate as to the issues with everyone's computers, but I
doubt it is inherent to IE7.  When I've been called to friends' houses
when they have issues with their PC, I've found way too many browser
toolbars, helpers, or other add-ons like weatherbug.  Once I clean their
systems up the problems either go away or at least act consistently
enough I can determine what the issue is.

My browser is spiffy clean - no google toolbar or other such thing.

If you're fairly PC proficient, and want to see just how clean or messy
your pc is, google "hijackthis" and pluck it from any web site which
hosts it and run a scan to see how many "BHO" and "Toolbar" objects you
see.

BHO's are "Browser Helper Objects".  Your goal should be to have zero or
very few of those.  Here are the ones that are loaded on my work PC:

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper -
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat
7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} -
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll

I leave the Adobe one there because I trust Adobe, and the next time I
view a PDF it will reload it anyway.  The DriveLetterAccess one is one I
think IE7 added itself, but I'm not sure.

I have no "toolbar" add-ons.

Rick Weaver