[AT] Fw: Computer problems once again.

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Jan 23 17:03:26 PST 2007

Irma wrote:
>    You don't guess I could talk Bill Gates into
> ................  NAH.
> I doubt Bill Gates would care how many problems we were having . he
> already got his fortune made.
> Irma

80% profit margin on Windows XP. They are saying that Vista is closer to
85% at this time prior to the inevitable service patches.

Oh and Vista price in the US?
Home Basic         Full $199 Upgrade  $99.95
Home Premium       Full $239 Upgrade  $159
Business           Full $299 Upgrade  $199
Ultimate           Full $399 Upgrade  $259

For Australia!
Home Basic         Full $385 Upgrade  $199
Home Premium       Full $455 Upgrade  $299
Business           Full $565 Upgrade  $379
Ultimate           Full $752 Upgrade  $495

Considering that in the past 5 years the beta testing versions have been
2 months apart and that there are still some bugs in there I'll wait a
year or two before I load it for real (of course I'm still running ME on
this machine, even with a free XP upgrade on the desk)

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York