[AT] Fw: Computer problems once again.

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Jan 23 15:02:23 PST 2007

The big problem with IE 7 is IE 7. MS really went nuts with trying to
integrate security crap into the program and making it more like a nanny
than a browser. I have yet to talk to someone who is running it that
didn't have problems with some part of it. That includes MS employees as
well.
If you think IE is bad wait until you try Vista.... It is a real pain.
About half of the things a normal person want to do don't work well on
Vista. It has REALLY went overboard on the Digital rights management, to
the point that IT will decide FOR YOU if you can play certain music and
if you can watch certain movies. Want to burn a CD for the road? You
better have permission for all the songs. Lot's more hidden inside there
as well. Just running a program requires you to give permissions for
each step. You get an Email from a friend with a picture you want to
look at, you have to approve it each time.
So far it has been a real POS.