[AT] Fw: Computer problems once again.

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 23 11:55:04 PST 2007

I've been following the IE7 ribbon for several days and decided to jump in,
based on what I've learned from experience and also several tech geeks I
know.

The first thing I noticed with it, like most of you, was many of the
link-available functions I'd enjoyed with IE6 were gone. By turning off
various firewall and blocker program functions, and replacing them with
updated after-market programs, I managed to get at least some to work again.
But each time IE7 reloads, they're back.

The first geek friend I asked about this just laughed, and advised me to
junk the IE7 browser and use another, like Foxfire (Mozilla), Netscape, etc.
until (or if) MS redesigned the IE7. He said that MS had gone crazy with the
"Big Brother guardian features" it installed on the 7 edition, and that
everyone was having problems with it.

Can't imagine why a terrorist would be interested in me. Maybe a Web thief
would, but I doubt he'd get through any of my after-market firewalls, IE7
not included. He'd also have to slice his way through my ISP's firewall
first. In any event, IE7's super-security features are overkill, to say the
least.

Bob in NY