[AT] Fw: Computer problems once again.

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Jan 22 11:27:08 PST 2007

	Funny how these things work (or don't)... I have been running IE-7 for a
while now and it has been trouble free. I think it will cause problems if
you are wearing white socks when you download it or if you have a radio
playing in the milking parlor at the time.   ;-)  In my case it seems like
the #$%& &%$# PDF files load a lot faster with IE-7. Faster is a relative
word since when the phone lines are wet (almost always wet this year) my
dial-up internet connection is at about 10 BPS... Well, OK maybe about
24,000 BPS but it seems that slow. If it is dry I connect at 38,000 or
faster. The bummer is that I used to connect at above 49,000 consistently.
If it is below about 28 degrees it freezes dry and does better. The phone
company guys are getting tired of me. I do much better on the regular line
but don't like to tie it up since it is a business line.
	I can struggle along with that but this nonsense of missing so many emails
is just silly. I keep getting mail from lists that shows a quoted message
that I never got. It isn't ATIS because it happens to Yahoo list messages
and Rootsweb list messages as well. I also lose messages from private emails
and sometimes I send messages that never get there.
	I'm wishing this message good luck and hitting send...   ;-)
	I did manage to "look at" 5 of my old tractors yesterday.   :)   I'm still
sorting out scrap iron for the guy that is hauling from here (no tractor
stuff but a few implements).

--
"farmer"
Proud owner of several cordless hatchets and a large collection of

"Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net