[AT] Computer problems once again.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jan 22 08:18:34 PST 2007

All I can tell you, Charlie, is that I was unable to use IE 7.0 at all
and used the instructions on the Microsoft Website to uninstall it and
install 6.0, which worked fine after that. I only use IE when I
absolutely have to. I use Mozilla Firefox 99.99% of the time and have no
problems.

Mike

charlie hill wrote:
> I'm sorry to constantly bother the list with my computer problems but
> this is the place that I can always depend on getting quick and accurate
> answers to my computer/internet problems.
>
> I'm still having problems with PDF files and e-mail links from web
> pages. If I'm in a web page and click on a link to a PDF file or a link
> to someones e-mail ( as in "if you want more information click here"
> etc) it fails.
>
> I have downloaded the latest updates to Internet Explorer.  I have
> removed and re-installed Adobe Acrobat reader.  I've tried Adobe reader
> versions 4, 5, 7 and 8.  None of them will link to a web page.
> Sometimes it completely closes my web browser.  Sometimes a get an error
> message.   The error message for e-mail links tells me that my "defalt
> mail client is not properly installed".
> The error message for PDF files (when I get one) tells me that Adobe is
> not properly installed or that there is an error in it.
>
> All of this leads me to believe that the problem is actually in Internet
> Explorer.  I'm running the new version 7.0 service pack 2 and have it
> set on automatic update.  I've tried to go back and reload version 6 but
> it will not load.   Anyone have any ideas?   I know some of your will
> tell me to use some other web browser.  You may be right but I want to
> fix the problem I have not ignore it and use something else.
>
> Oh I forgot.  I restored my system to the earliers restore date I have
> and that didn't help either.
>
> Thanks
>
> Charlie

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

I believe I found the missing link between animal and civilized man.
It is us. -Konrad Lorenz, ethologist, Nobel laureate (1903-1989)