[AT] hercules QXLD

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jan 21 19:56:22 PST 2007

I need a set of std rings for a QXLD Hercules in a generator.  perfect
circle number is 41642, hastings number is 2c5263.  local parts houses
cannot find anything.
I sold my 15KW Onan generator to a guy up the road about 15 miles and I
got this hercules powered one in with transfer switch and everything.
The Onan buyer then decided he would rather have the hercules one and I
figured out what it SHOULD cost for rings and gaskets to rering the
hercules, water got in it and stuck one piston.  Then found I could not
get a set of rings.  I had a guy about 125 miles SE of OKC called for 4
days about my ONAN and said he had cash to come buy it when the roads
cleared. I called him and said it was available again and it took a 2
inch ball to pull it.  He shows up about 2pm on Saturday hangs around
for 2 hours and then says he would rather have a diesel.  He was worried
about the 10psi oil pressure.  It is a continental engine and it has
always had 10 lbs hot, and ran for over 10 days straight 24 hours a day
and only used 1 qt of oil in 2 days.  He offered me $2000 instead of the
$2500 I was asking and I said to take a hike!!

I hate retail sales...........

Cecil