[AT] More auction sale tractors

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 19:54:52 PST 2007

Correct.  As I recall it became Diamond Reo.  I do not remember seeing many
Reos as a kid, but quite a few Diamond T s.  I was told the Daimond T was
the Cadillac of trucks.  Naturally, the guy that told me that owned one.

I remember working with a guy one forth of July hauling hay about 60 miles
on a Federal straight truck.  I looked in the mirror (passengers side) as we
rounded a 30 degree curve into town.  Said, "Frank, those bales leaned
pretty far out on that turn.  Maybe we should check the load."

Frank said, "Nah.  That load is as solid as the Rock of Gibraltar."

Oh well.  On the next turn, right in the center of town, (you guessed it) we
laid 150 of the 600 or so all over the state road.  We had to pick them up
and stack off to the side, restack in the rest of the load to unload at the
farm, then come back to pick up the stack.

I always told Frank he was good at famous last words.

Charlie