[AT] More auction sale tractors

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 17 18:34:28 PST 2007

Gene Dotson wrote:
>    Ralph;
>    That Case 730 sure would look great in my barn. I think I could make
> room for it and would exercise it regularly and work it gently. Gas
> price in Wapakoneta, Ohio yesterday was $1.89 per gallon, so think I
> could afford to run it in the field.
>    The LA is a nice looking tractor too. Must be an early model with
> spoked wheels. May have been used originally for belt work. Would likely
> be about 6000 pound tractor.
Gene
your probably close on the weight of that LA. I recall my Dad saying
that the Cockshutt 50 weighed about 8500. It had 18.4x34s with chloride
as did most field tractors.
The 730 does look nice but I'm holding out for a late 930 like I used to
own but foolishly traded off years ago. Besides, I've already got a good
730 diesel in the shed.

Ralph in Sask.