[AJD] Model L steering box

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Tue Jan 16 22:26:16 PST 2007

And leave us not forget, there was a conversion kit available at one time from JD.
So apparently Deere recognized this very same problem and engineered a solution to be
able to use more commonly available bearings

Don't EVEN ask how much the kits cost, it was insane 15 years ago and still insane
today. I've often thought about replicating the kit to take care of this problem. I've
also thought of the bushing-conversion process also. It's just a very irritating
problem that needs a solution

Greg

if the need arises, I still have 1 NOS steering bearing residing in my desk, where I
can glance at it from time to time while I await divine inspiration (!)

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Tue Jan 16 22:24 , 'Brad' <bloomis at charter.net> sent: