[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 35, Issue 12

Carl Tatlock carllary at Surfglobal.net
Sun Jan 14 14:59:48 PST 2007

Ralph Goff wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
>> http://hotimg2.fotki.com/b/142_165/28_171/FordinFortQ.jpg
>
>> Ralph,
>>
>> I assume that both cars in the picture are T's.
>>
>> One appears to have wire wheels; did these come as standard? (LHS one
>> has what I would call normal T wheels)
>>
>> Or were they "Optional"? 8^)
> Hi Guys-- Carl in Vermont here on the Model T wheels;  I have an
> accessory book that list Dayton wire wheels for Ts "...that save you
> 15-20% on tire mileage".  They make your car ride easy, they absorb
> the shocks from rough roads."  5 wheels and interchangeable hubs for
> $60 in black, res or white $5 more.   (This would be 10% or more of
> the cost of the car....)   They would, however "...give your Ford a
> distinction and individuality".  Year of ad not given.

Other than that, I can also say that the factory didn't supply them
until the last year of production.  The car shown is obviously early (I
have a 1919- and I think I see the Flat fender (no crown) and brass
radiator of a 1915 T, with electric headlights, so it looks like a  guy
who wanted to be "different".