[Farmall] Gas Draining from H tank with sediment bowl shut off...

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Sun Jan 14 10:25:12 PST 2007

About adding a gas filter: For several years I put up with my Cub leaking
gas from the carb every time I ran it out of gas, which was about twice a
year. There was no way to stop it without taking the carb apart and blowing
it out with air. The problem only occured if it ran out of gas. I didn't
want to try a filter because that would alter the tractor. I'm not too hung
up on keeping the tractor original as this is a working tractor although
not a lot of hours per year; however I don't like to change things just for
change. I did finally decide that if I kept taking the carb apart that
often it was only a matter of time before it was damaged so I installed one
of those inline see through filters; end of problem. It has been this way
for 5 years and not leaked since. My guess is that when these tractors were
used a lot, the filters weren't needed because gas was added so often the
scale and such did not form; I only fill mine about half full three times a
year. I have also noticed at shows that over half the tractors have these
filters installed.
Greg Hass