[AT] Off Topic - Car Insurance

LeRoy Price III leroy_price3 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 14 06:13:58 PST 2007

Well, I had my policy out while doing the online quotes.  I matched what I
had with the two companies and got the differences.  One thing that I didn't
see on the online forms was a place for Extraordinary Medical Benefits
Coverage which I have for 1,000,000 at $55.  Other than that I kept
everything the same.

I did call my insurance company once and got an online person who could only
tell me that the symbol was different for the vehicle but nothing else.
Which means nothing so I need to get ahold of someone else.  I also called
another local one that I still need to talk with.

Actually, any more you never really talk with an agent like you use to.  The
deere incident that I had with the Jeep was a good example.  I called the
claims line, they sent out an adjustor and cut the check.  I never actually
talked with an agent.  I do remember a time when you did, I must be getting
old.

I also thought maybe that the vehicle itself may be expensive to fix (as
someone brought up) hence the increase.  Someone even told me that these
vehicles have a tendency to roll over but I haven't experienced anything
close to that.

The other interesting thing was that prior to buying it I called for a quote
for insurance just to see how much it would increase.  I was given a quote
of $1800, which is still high to me but after I bought the vehicle and got
the bill there was another $250 on it.  The explanation I got from the
Insurance company was that I didn't use the VIN but I did explain what the
vehicle was and had for options.  Yesterday Gieco asked for the VIN and they
only added another $20 to the quote.  They also told me the only way to
lower insurance is to jump to another company.  We'll see.

LeRoy